Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Days of our Lives: Texas

When we arrived in Dallas in June of last year, we were very blessed to live right next door to my old mission companion and friend, Maggie. She was a huge help in including me into her friend groups and helping me feel settled in Dallas. I don't think I could have survived without her, especially since Alex had begun to travel frequently.




Alex has been with Deloitte almost a year now, and he loves it! Here's a picture of his first day:



I ended up making the drive from Utah to Dallas 3 times within 3 months. It got longer every time! lol! The first time was in April when we drove down to look at apartments and hop on our cruise. The second time was for the actual move, and the third time I was accompanied by my mom as we drove Alex's truck out. We had a great time driving Route 66, seeing how unenchanting New Mexico is, and stopping at 4 Corners!






When mom and I arrived in Dallas, we went and saw a bunch of fun things. I took her to the Arboretum, Aquarium, the Magnolia Market (Alex bought my mom and I matching decorations from the Magnolia Market), JFK Museum, and our favorite food spots!







Soon after my mom left Dallas, I began studying for my PHR certification and then passed it!!! That was a huge accomplishment for me (mostly just because I always struggle to stay focused on studying). My test results showed that I did better than the average scores of everyone else who took and passed the PHR test as well. Soon after that, I started at a local company as an HR Manager. This was a very trying and growing experience. I learned a lot about myself and the world through this experience. I again made some really good friends. I loved the product that the company made too!





Halloween Fun











































Let's take a moment to review some Texas Highlights (in no particular order):

Alex made my dreams come true and took me to see the Nutcracker Ballet!


Alex and I bought cowboy hats and looked at the Cattle at the Stockyard Station in Fort Worth


We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary at this amazing Italian place in Highland Park




I was called into the YW presidency in my ward. How I love these girls and leaders.



We went all out for Valentine's Day! :) 



Alex and I ran our first 5k together with Alex's coworkers


Black Panther...need I say more?


I FINALLY got a grown-up table perfect for hosting parties!!


Flight Museum with Alex and his brother's family; it was SO fascinating


Ennis Auctionhouse...wow. What an amazing experience!


This movie changed my life. Definitely a highlight of my year.


The arboretum is always magical




Carwrecks...not so much



But Torchy's has a way of making everything all better


I have also picked up crafting with my mom and sister-in-law


Where would I be without my squad who does crazy random things with me?


Like trips to Magnolia Market?


Have you heard about the Amazon Treasure Truck?? Gamechanger...


As is the Texas State Fair!!!



And winning the Scariest Trunk contest at our Trunk or Treat was also pretty sweet!  



Put perhaps best was having my Auntie come and stay with me, and we laid cheek to cheek watching Poldark...when is that coming back on again??


Stay tuned for my next post to talk about our Spring Break!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment