Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Impact of Music

Image result for spotify logoThis is blog #2 for my media class assignment. I just recently got a new radio in my car (thanks to my amazing husband) because my volume was broken in my sweet 1997 Honda Civic. Now, I can plug in my Spotify to the car and listen to what I want to listen to, since my radio has inadvertently stopped working with the new radio. For the last month or so, I have had my jams blasting just because I could. However, today, I found that I couldn't stand the noise and drove without my jams, and I found that I was less stressed while driving and demonstrated lower amounts of road rage. I firmly believe that music does impact one's mood, and I want to be better at choosing music that will inspire and uplift me.

3 comments:

  1. I certainly agree that music impacts mood and actions, and there is social science to back up this theory. I know when I'm listening to power music that gets me pumped up and excited, I feel like I can take on the world, cure idiots of ineptitude, and be a racecar driver, which usually leads to me thinking the world is full of idiots who are ruining my life. But if I have some sort of calming or especially spiritual music on, I hardly notice people around me because I'm focused on what I personally can do and control, which is much less frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one. I get the worst road range and interestingly enough, it's when I'm blasting my hip hop or rock music that I feel especially aggressive.

      Delete
  2. Yes, music has way more of an impact than people realize I think. The beats and chords really do have such an effect. I know that my mood changes depending on what kind of music I am listening to. It is so powerful!

    ReplyDelete