Sunday, February 7, 2016

How the Lord Uses Media

Image result for Mormon messagesIsn't it amazing how much the media can be used for good or for evil? There is a lot of trash on the web these days, but I think that the Lord has been able to direct His church for the better on how to use media. I served my mission in the Oakland Temple Visitor's Center, and it was amazing to watch how the media that the church produced changed hearts for the better through the videos on the Restoration, the Mormon messages, and even through the "I'm a Mormon" campaign. Often times, I used these things as a tool because some things are better felt through seeing and hearing than through just listening to me speak. The Holy Ghost can definitely testify of the messages the media presents when it is proclaiming doctrine. In class we talked about how the scriptures are even media because God is trying to communicate a message to His audience -- us! However, it is up to us to determine how that message is received.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this. It is so true that its up to us to help the media be used as a tool to promote the gospel. In a time when we are so overwhelmed with trashy media, we can not fix it all but we can definitely be a force for good in how we choose to use the media.

    ReplyDelete