Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Social Media

I am contemplating how I spend my time. This week I realized that I spend way too much time "scrolling." I hardly ever post, but I am always in the loop in others' business. I realized that Facebook especially has decreased my life satisfaction. It is so easy to compare myself to others and see the rosy side of everyone's lives. I see my friends traveling all over the world or exhibiting their talents, and I end up feeling less than. I don't know if I'm the only one who has this tendency, but I find that my life is a lot better when I'm not comparing myself to others that I know. My goal is to cut down on my scrolling on social media.
Image result for facebook logo

4 comments:

  1. I have the exact same tendency. Whenever I have a free moment, I am using my phone to scroll through Facebook or Instagram or Twitter. It is hard not to compare my life to the lives of the people that I follow. That is not a healthy tendency for me though. I love your goal of cutting back, and I'm going to try and do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My finger are programed to go right to Facebook when I open up the web.. just to see what is new in the Facebook world in the last hour. I have been striving to use Facebook for good instead of for boredom. So i have started liking and commenting more on my friends post. Letting them know I care, plus cutting back on my Facebook time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. I have such a love/hate relationship with social media. I honest to goodness hate most of the things I see on social media, but I can't stay away from it either. I still haven't figured out why it is so addicting. I would love tips on how to cut back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recently deleted my Facebook for exactly this reason! It's been really, really freeing.

    ReplyDelete